Earth Day - All TOGETHER now!
This is the moment to change it all — the business climate, the political climate, and how we take action on climate. Now is the time for the unstoppable courage to preserve and protect our health, our families, our livelihoods… together, we must Invest In Our Planet.
Because a green future is a prosperous future.
We need to act (boldly), innovate (broadly), and implement (equitably). It’s going to take all of us. All in. Businesses, governments, and citizens — everyone accounted for, and everyone accountable. A partnership for the planet.
And while there is still time to solve the climate crisis, time to choose BOTH a prosperous and sustainable future, and time to restore nature and build a healthy planet for our children and their children, time is short.
The Earth Day 2022 Theme is Invest In Our Planet. What Will You Do?
Here are some things you can start doing now, and forever more:
-Pick up rubbish while you are out walking or running
- Organise a community clean up
- Start composting
- Switch to receiving only online bills- save paper
- Support local - shopping, organic growers etc
- Grow bee friendly plants
- Plant a tree, or help plant trees with others - search for local charities who need volunteers
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room
- Is there an alternative for that plastic packet of X that you are about to buy? (ask yourself this when you are at the supermarket. I love to shop at GoodFor click here to get all my pantry staples and fill my jars. * You can re-purpose your ORA jars for storing herbs/spices and nuts*
- make use of the items you have already - if you don't have something, BORROW it from a friend or neighbour?
- Fix things that need repair - could be so easy as mending a hole or glueing it again - its a good idea to just do it when it happens so it doesn't sit in the 'junk drawer' til you end up throwing it 'out'.
- Always choose natural alternatives - cleaning products, skincare, storage, building materials, linen - everything!
- Buy sustainable materials like woo, linen, bamboo, glass, rattan and cork
- Layer up in winter instead of heat up
-Make your own natural firestarters with old dregs of candle wax, dried flowers and paper from your online ORA orders ;) or with bits of wood and bark.
- Turn your milk bottles into plant watering cans
- Buy vintage, upcycle or repurpose
- Use eco products when decorating like your paint, lime plaster etc. At least research what you are using.
- Share your ideas, celebrate what you are doing, because if you are doing any of the above, then you are AWESOME